SSI SEARCH & RECOVERY SPECIALTY
Why should you take this course?
We all know how fast it can happen: You accidentally drop something from a dock, off boats or even while scuba diving. If you’ve ever lost something in the water and wanted to go find it, then SSI Search & Recovery specialty is definitely the right way to go.
You'll fing out effective ways to search for objects underwater that will increase your chances of success. There are also good and bad methods to bring up small, large or just awkward items. Search and recovery can be challenging, but a whole lot of fun.
What will you learn?
Gathering information and resources, then carefully planning a search. During four scuba dives you’ll practice:
- Swimming search patterns using your compass and natural navigation.
- Locating large and small objects using various search patterns.
- Using a lift bag for large or heavy objects, plus other recovery methods.
- Planning a search operation based on facts gathered about a lost object prior to the dive.
- Min. required age of participants: 12 years
- Open Water Diver course cerficitation